Oral health for seniors
Oral health affects overall health and quality of life. Chronic illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease put seniors at a risk for dental problems. That is why it is extremely important to provide quality dental care for seniors. Dental care can help prevent problems, like toothaches, gum disease, and tooth loss. By maintaining healthy teeth, older adults can enjoy food and eat and speak better. You can rely on us to offer top-quality dental care for seniors.
Our dental health programs for seniors will help the elderly improve their oral health, smile more and stay happy. For more information or to book an appointment, please reach out to a member of our team today. We will be happy to help you with all your dental needs.
Why do seniors need extra dental care?
There is a number of issues that can arise due to poor dental care and oral hygiene.
- Tooth decay, plaque build-up can harm the tooth enamel and causes cavities and further lead to loss of a tooth. Another reason the seniors are at an increased risk of cavities is dry mouth, this can be caused due to medications for high blood pressure.
- May seniors suffer from gum diseases such as periodontitis, which can further lead to soreness, bleeding gums, and tooth loss. Regular dental care is essential to ensure that seniors’ gums are healthy. Senior dental care can help prevent gum disease.
- Tooth loss can not only make one feel conscious about their smile but this can also affect nutrition level as they are unable to eat fruits and vegetables. By indulging in the dental care you can avoid loss of teeth.
- Gum disease may make heart conditions worse, they also put seniors at higher risk of stroke. That is why it is essential to invest in senior oral health care to help prevent such diseases.
- Diabetes can contribute to inflammation and gum disease. A regular dental checkup is important to avoid the harmful effects of diabetes on seniors.
How can seniors maintain good oral hygiene?
There are a few tips that can help seniors maintain good oral hygiene, they are:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
- Flossing your teeth at least once a day
- Rinse with a good mouthwash recommended by your dentist
- Meet your dentist on a regular schedule for cleaning and an oral exam
Dental care for seniors
We are a trusted dental clinic offering quality and reliable dental care for senior citizens. Our team will thoroughly check your teeth and ensure that there are no issues. If there are cavities or you are in need of any other dental treatment we are here to help. We will create a dental plan and help fix the issue for you. In addition to dental treatments, we also offer dentures. Our dentures are customized and look and feel almost like real teeth. For more information about our services, please reach out to us now. Our services are affordable and hassle-free.