Dental braces are devices used in orthodontic treatment to help align and straighten teeth which have been affected by a case of a bad bite. They are used to improve dental health by curing problems of the teeth and jaw. Milton Orthodontists such as Sapphire Dental Care provide very good services for dental braces.
- There are various types of dental braces
- Traditional/Metal: These are the braces with metal brackets and wires. Milton Orthodontists now use braces called heat-activated arch wires which use body heat to help move and align teeth quicker and in a less painful manner.
- Ceramic Braces: They are similar to but less noticeable than metal braces. Most Milton orthodontists use this.
- Lingual Braces: In this, the brackets and wires are placed on the inside of the teeth.
- Invisalign: These are removable and clear. They are costlier and easily damageable
- Their main purpose is to fix a bad bite.
Bad bites occur when teeth are not aligned or straight. Braces are used to fix this issue. Milton Orthodontists sometimes suggest retainers for minor cases.
- Braces use time and pressure to fix a bad bite.
The main purpose of dental braces is to fix a bad bite. They take so much time because if the pressure applied is too much then the blood supply to the teeth may be cut off. Milton Orthodontists use wires designed to apply a specific amount of pressure to help align them within two to three years.
- Dental braces are made of non-magnetic and almost unbreakable metal.
Braces are made from stainless steel and titanium, both of which have high tensile strength and resist corrosion. Milton orthodontists may use other metals like gold in their braces. All of these metals are non-magnetic contrary to popular belief. Metals like porcelain and acrylic are also used by Milton orthodontists.
- Age is not a hindrance.
A child as young as seven years of age can get braces. Milton orthodontists believe that early intervention helps solve issues faster. Similarly, old age (60-70) is not considered as a barrier. The healing period may be different but braces are for one and all.